Wednesday, May 06, 2009

ReSharper 4.5 - Tip #1 - Wildcards in Go To Type shortcut

I tend to use the Go To Type shortcut in R# alot (ctrl+N for you keyboard junkies). It was only recently that I found out that you can use simple wildcards when using the shortcut.


In the above screenshot you can see that I'm looking for all classes that start with "Pet" and end with "View". I don't use this feature every time I want to jump to a type, but often I can't remember the exact name of a class but I'll know pieces of the name and this helps in those cases (it's especially helpful when I just know how the class name ends, eg. "*Presenter").

2 comments:

Dave Harris said...

Isn't Go To Type Ctrl+T? Or is that just for C#? Either way you need to get out of VB-land :)

Jeremy Wiebe said...

It might be Ctrl+T with the Visual Studio shortcuts. I'm using the IntelliJ Resharper shortcuts which map it to Ctrl+N.